Dr. Young and Dr. Nghiem
Our mission is to provide the finest endodontic (root canal therapy) care in a relaxed and compassionate environment, while committed to utilizing the latest advancements and innovations of science. Our goal is to save natural teeth, to relieve dental pain, and to prevent expensive and time-consuming extractions and implants.
We provide the highest standard of professional care in a clean, meticulous, comfortable environment. We are specialist members of the American Association of Endodontists. We strive to exceed patient expectations and ensure that the experience is a positive one. We work very closely with your restorative dentist to ensure that you fully understand the treatment plans and receive the best care possible. We believe it is important to truly listen in order to answer questions and concerns, which enables us to put our patients at ease.
WHAT SETS US APART:
We are microscopically and surgically skilled Endodontists. We firmly believe in investing in the most advanced equipment and treatment techniques for our practice in order to provide the highest level of care for our patients. Root canal therapy procedures exist in a microscopic world where length and width are measured in millimeters (1 mm = 0.039 inch). To work in microscopic environments, precision and technology are crucial and what sets us apart.
We offer state-of-the-art equipment with the “latest and greatest” treatment and technology. The tools that we utilize to achieve this standard of excellence are:
1. Zeiss surgical operating microscopes are used in all of my procedures, including consults. The Zeiss surgical microscope with its 3D camera and legendary lens quality brings the microscopic world into a telescopic reality. Treatment procedure can be done with ease and precision due to the enhanced and magnified image of the root canal system.
2. We use a 3D CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) to aid in diagnosis and treatment. We are the only few offices utilizing 3D imaging. The CBCT machine is a safer, faster and more compact version of the regular CT scan machines found in hospitals and imaging centers. The 3D CBCT helps to identify the specific diseased tooth as pain can commonly be experienced in other areas of the mouth and jaw. With the diseased tooth identified, the 3D CBCT scan maps out the root canal system of the tooth particular tooth prior to treatment and helps us navigate the root canal system during the treatment. Just like a fingerprint or a snowflake, each tooth is as unique as the person to whom it belongs. Each patient case is different. This is what makes root canal treatments interesting, challenging, and yet rewarding.
3. GentleWave® technology provides superior root canal disinfection. The GentleWave® System employs a single-use sterilized instrument to deliver sound waves with fluids for maximum disinfection resulting in complete removal of the hidden bacteria within the complex tooth anatomy, with minimal discomfort.
4. Sirona Digital x-ray sensors for the highest quality digital images.
5. Nomad Handheld x-ray unit: emits 1/3 less radiation of a standard x-ray units, and 90% less radiation by using it digitally
6. Adec Sterilization Center, the highest quality in sterilization center.
7. NSK handpieces, the quietest handpieces in the market.
We have been fortunate to have the privilege of working with many exceptional restorative dentists in our area who have the patient’s best interest at heart. It is wonderful to be part of the restorative dentist’s team, helping patients achieve dental health and wellness. It is very rewarding to help someone feel better again!
We are proud to provide unsurpassed clinical care in a compassionate and professional environment while ensuring the best patient experience possible. Dr. Young and Dr. Nghiem specialize in microscopic and microsurgical root canal treatment with state-of-the-art technology including Zeiss 3D camera microscopes, 3D CT scans, and the GentleWave® disinfection system. By referring you to our office, your dentist has shown his/her concern that you receive the finest endodontic care possible. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality in a compassionate environment of professionalism and clinical excellence. We hope that the information provided here answers many of your questions about endodontic treatment. If you would like additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (617) 657-0800.
Root Canal Treatment
A root canal is one of the most common dental procedures with well over 14 million performed every year. This simple treatment can save your natural teeth and prevent the need for dental implants or bridges. For more information on root canal treatment at our Quincy Endodontics office, please visit our root canal page.
Root Canal Surgery
Endodontic (root canal) surgery can be used to locate fractures or hidden canals that do not appear on x-rays but still manifest pain in the tooth. Damaged root surfaces or the surrounding bone may also be treated with this procedure. The most common surgery used to save damaged teeth is an apicoectomy or root-end resection. For more information on root canal surgery at our Quincy Endodontics office, please visit our root canal surgery page.