COVID-19: Surgically clean air
In response to Covid-19, we have been working diligently as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff by implementing Surgically Clean Air system into our practice. Surgically Clean Air is a powerful tool that protects the patients and staff at our practice from illness, infection, disease, and discomfort. At Quincy Endodontics, we take air quality and infection control very seriously. Surgically clean air in an endodontist’s office? Some might call it overkill. But to us peace of mind is worth it.
In addition, our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. We want you to be able to sit in Dr. Young’s chair with complete peace of mind that the air you breathe is surgically cleaned.
The Surgically Clean Air system is the best of the best when it comes to air filtration. The Surgically Clean Air system has been proven by independent lab testing (RTI) to remove 99% of indoor air pollutants (ie. bacteria, fungus, and viruses). The medical-grade indoor air cleaning system has a 6-stage filtration process that is designed specifically to weed out harmful particulates of every shape and size. The Surgically Clean Air system has the power to scrub every breath of air in our office before it gets re-circulated. What’s more, the Surgically Clean Air system operates whisper-quiet, making it much easier to relax . The Surgically Clean Air system operates 24/7 to assure that our team and our patients breathe only clean, germ-free air.
What exactly is in the air we breathe?
- Dust and dirt – Did you know that an average home produces nearly 40 pounds of airborne dust and dirt every year?
- Skin cells – The next time you’re watching a sunbeam, think about this: Over 80% of the material catching the light is likely to be dead skin cells!
- Allergens – While our Massachusetts air is clean, our allergen levels can be nearly off the charts, especially during spring and summer.
- Mold, bacteria, fungus & viruses – Dust and dirt are visible to the naked eye, but they only make up 10% of pollutants in the air. The other 90% includes tiny organisms like mold – common throughout the year in our Massachusetts area and a leading cause of respiratory distress.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – Perfumes, air fresheners, and other man-made chemicals aren’t natural! Also known as VOCs, these chemical compounds can make breathing difficult and cause systemic illness.